A number of English language courses for University members and their partners are listed below:
- The Language Centre runs English languages courses specifically for the partners of University members [fee payable]
- The Department for Continuing Education run courses on English grammar and pronunciation for non-native speakers [fee payable]
- Partners of University members are welcome to join the weekly ‘Conversation Group’ of the Newcomers' Club. This group provides a relaxed and friendly setting in which to improve your English, and to learn about other cultures too as you share your experiences. Each week the conversation will be centred on a theme, e.g. food or holidays, or a topical event [free of charge]
- Oxfordshire County Library Service run a Language Cafe at the central library in the Westgate centre [free of charge]
- North Oxford Association run an ESOL conversation group at their community centre in Summertown [free of charge]
Alternatively, you can arrange tuition at one of the many private English Language schools in Oxford. It is advisable to check that they are accredited by the British Council.
There are also a number of online English language courses and resources for adults and children, including: